Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010

Georg Levin /// Presspics

Georg Levin
Georg Levin
Georg Levin
Right after I got back from my winter holidays Georg gave me a call and asked to do some more press pics for his album release end on march.
Since I've already shot him in most ways I can imagine, I wound up with the idea of giving my hardly used EOS 33 a try and using up some of the slides that still occupy my fridge.
Of course I couldn't resist shooting digital as well.
I unexpectedly felt really comfortable not having a direct visual feedback on what I'm doing but often caught myself checking the screen that just didn't exist.
This actually gave the session a certain laidback feeling I personally enjoyed.

The main thing I disliked about working on film was the time issue.
I did the preview scans myself and only had scanned what I thought was worth it.
Meaning I had to wait a day before finally being able to work on the pictures,
not to mention having to pay for the scans.

Stop by the LIDO in Berlin on the 20th of March to see Georg and his band play live and watch out for Georg's Album hitting the stores on th 29th of March.